I am so excited to be a part of the Teach Me To Cook Recipe Series. Jill at Create.Craft.Love. put this fun series together so that many of us could share a simple dinner recipes and this month all the recipes are of meals that can be made in 30 minutes or less.
I have to tell you that I never buy canned chicken noodle soup anymore. Once you start making your own, I think you will find it is so easy and is fresher and has less preservatives than the canned version. To make this Homestyle Chicken Soup, I started with organic broth, but you can also make your own broth. Chicken broth is a great staple to keep in your cupboard or freezer as it can be used to make many soups, stews and sauces.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and you can make it "homestyle" and spin it your own way by adding some vegetables and/or spices or changing up the noodle varieties. Here is the basic version that I use that makes an easy 30 minute dinner.
Homestyle Chicken Soup
Just cut your fresh chicken into chunks, season and cook on the stove-top in a frying pan.
While it is cooking, you can start the soup,
Once the chicken is cooked, you will chop the chicken,
add it to you broth, with carrots and noodles for a great warm meal.
This soup is warm and filling on a cold evening and comes together in 30 minutes.
Homestyle Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- ½ onion chopped
- 3 chicken breasts skinless, boneless
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 carrots cleaned, peeled and sliced into ¼" circles
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup macaroni or wide egg noodles
- ½ teaspoon salt
- heat oil over low-medium heat in a frying pan
- brown chicken breasts in pan until cooked through
- Meanwhile, heat chicken broth and water in a large pot on stove over medium heat
- add chopped onion, sliced carrots, basil, garlic salt and salt and heat until boiling
- while stock is warming, cut cooked chicken in small chunks and add to pot
- Add noodles anc cook 6-8 minutes or per package directions
Check out the other great 30 Minute Recipes below!