These Easy Valentines Treats are not only perfect for your sweet Valentine, they also just take a few minutes to whip together!
Hello Friends! I hope that you are enjoying the new year and taking time to do the things you love. In the spirit of time, I have chosen the word SIMPLIFY for the new year. This means I am truly simplifying things when possible. Today, it is all about a fun Valentines recipe idea.
One of my favorite things to make for a quick and easy dessert, is something made with cereal. I made these small batch Valentine’s rice Krispie treats as a perfect dessert for Valentine’s Day.
I knew right away what I wanted to make with these items. I mean, It doesn’t get much easier than a few simple ingredients to make these quick Valentine’s Treats.
It makes a perfect snack!
Marshmallow Treat Ingredients
How To Make Valentine’s Treats
- Making the treats are easy. All you do is melt the marshmallows and butter, add the cereal and then the chocolate candies.
- Then cut them into heart shapes.
- Decorate some with melted candy melts.
- They also look really cute in a treat bag as a fun Valentines Treat for friends. But be sure to let then set completely before putting in a bag.
Be sure to check out these other fun and simple Valentine’s Treats to make for your friends and family this year:
Valentine’s Sugar cookies with icing – a sweet and elegant cookie that is perfect with icing.
Valentine’s Cream cheese cookies – soft and fluffy and made with cream cheese.
Valentine’s Candied Heart cookies – incredibly simple way to dress up any sugar cookie.
Valentines Popcorn – A fun and festive idea.
If you are thinking about hosting a Valentine’s Day party, or a Valentine’s party, I have some ideas on how to do it easily and frugally in my dollar store Valentine’s tablescape from a couple of years ago.
Easy Rice Krispie Valentines Treats
Valentines Rice Krispie Treats
- Heart shape mold
- Ice Cream Molds,
- Parchment Paper
- Popsicle sticks
- Silicon Melting pots for chocolate, optional
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 10 oz mini marshmallows
- 6 cups rice cereal
- 1 drop Pink gel food coloring
- 12 oz Red candy melts
- Nonstick spray
- First, melt your candy melts at 30-second intervals until fully melted.
- Pour chocolate into heart-shaped cavities making sure to get it completely up the sides.
- Place in freezer for 10-15 min until set
- While that's freezing make your rice cereal filling.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, add butter and marshmallows, heat on HIGH to 2.5-3 mins until melted.
- Remove and stir until smooth. Add in 1-2 drops pink gel food coloring.
- Stir well, then add in rice cereal and sprinkles. Stir to fully incorporate.
- Remove from freezer and carefully add cereal mix to the molds, do not press too hard or the chocolate may
- Cover the back with more chocolate.
- Place back in the freezer for 7-9 mins
- Carefully peel molds and remove the cake pops.
- Place on parchment paper.
- Melt the red candy melts in a piping bag on 30-sec increments.
- Once melted let rest for 1-2 mins then cut a small hole in the tip of the piping bag and create zigzag, circles or
- lined patterns.
- Immediately add sprinkles.
- Let rest for 10-15 mins before serving.
- To make the non-chocolate hearts
- Make the pink rice cereal mix as stated above. Pour into a pan lined with parchment (sprayed with non stick)
- Let rest 10 mins, then remove from the pan (but still on parchment)
- Use a 3 inch heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut out the shapes.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over the top and top with sprinkles.
- Let set completely for 15-20 mins before bagging.
out and save to use again
if bagging these are treats let rest 30 before placing them in a bag to avoid smudging.
Can be stored at room temperature 3-4 days
Spray your hands with non stick spray before pressing into molds or tray
Don’t forget to pin this for later.
We hope you enjoyed this simple recipe idea. If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe to the newsletter here.
I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.