It has been so cold and rainy this weekend! I think it is time for some Chicken Chili soup for these chilly days and evenings. It is kind of a cross between chicken chili and stew, and is delecious!
Chicken Chili Soup Recipe
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- ½ medium onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 2 cups cooked chicken cut up in bite sized pieces
- 2 15.5 ounce cans Northern Beans rinsed and drained
- 3 ½ cups chicken broth or water with chicken boullion
- 1 4 oz can diced green chilis
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon chili flakes
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup cheddar or monterey jack cheese
- Heat oil in pot over low heat and add onion and garlic until onion is clear. Add chicken broth or boullion, chicken, beans, green chilis, pepper, cumin and chili flakes. Heat for about 20 minutes. Add sour cream and blend before serving. Serve with a sprinkle of cheese.
Do you make chili? What kind is your family's favorite?