This easy Cherry Dump Cake is a wonderful dessert recipe that is made with just a handful of ingredients. Make with a cake mix that makes a lovely crust, it is perfect for topping with ice cream.
If you are looking for a quick dessert, this dump cake recipe is great because all you need are a cake mix, butter, and fruit filling – That is it. So simple to make and the most important thing is the preparation of the layers to get an evenly topped cake. It is also known as a Cherry Cobbler with Cake Mix.
As we begin a new month, I am celebrating by enjoying the outdoors, especially in the mornings before it gets too hot. I have been reading a few magazines and
This cherry dump cake is an easy dessert for a picnic, barbecue, or family dinner. This is like a cherry cobbler, but they call it a dump cake because you literally dump the cake mix over the fruit.
The ingredients are so simple for this recipe. Truly just a few!
List of main ingredients:
Cake Mix – For a dump cake with cherries, I have the best results when I use a Vanilla or White cake mix.
Cherries– I typically use cherry pie filling but you can. change up the filling to make different flavors of dump cake. You can even add a second fruit, such as pineapple for a blended cake.
How to make a dump cake
It only takes a few steps to make a cake. The full recipe is below, but here are the 5 basic steps.
- Butter a 13 x 9″ baking dish.
- “Dump” a can of cherry pie filling into the pan.
- Add or “dump” the cake mix over the pie filling.
- Top with melted butter. It won’t cover the entire layer of cake mix, but that is ok.
For more of my favorite cake recipes ideas:
- Mango Coconut Cake -super easy to make and is perfect for all of your upcoming celebrations! Made with fresh mango and topped with a lovely cream cheese frosting, it is sure to become a favorite recipe!
- Lemon Bundt Cake -This easy Lemon Bundt Cake with Poppyseeds is a lovely dessert cake to take to potlucks and barbecues. Made with a boxed cake mix in a bundt pan with a light lemon glaze.
- Streusel Coffee Cake – It is also known as the Bisquick Coffee Cake and it is made simply with a baking mix sugar, and milk, then baked with a crumbly streusel topping for a delicious dessert cake
Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe.
Cherry Dump Cake
2. Butter a 13" x 9" baking dish evenly - bottom and sides. 3. Spread the cherry filling evenly on the baking dish 4. Top filling with the dry cake mix, using a spatula to distribute evenly over the filling. 5. Melt butter in the microwave and spread over cake mix as evenly as possible. Bake 50 - 60 minutes until crust is golden brown.
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Butter a 13" x 9" baking dish evenly - bottom and sides.
3. Spread the cherry filling evenly on the baking dish
4. Top filling with the dry cake mix, using a spatula to distribute evenly over the filling.
5. Melt butter in the microwave and spread over cake mix as evenly as possible.
Bake 50 - 60 minutes until crust is golden brown.
- Be sure to check the pie filling for any possible seeds, sometimes they may end up in the can or jar of filling.
- Dump cakes can be frozen, so if you have some leftover, cut into individual servings and seal in an airtight freezer-safe container.
- This cake is best made the say it will be served. Be sure the fruit mixture is bubbly around the edges of the pan before removing from the oven. Let cool and serve alone, or with whipped topping or ice cream.
Tres Leches Cake – A beautiful cake with three types of milk, topped with frosting and fresh fruit.
Lemon Bundt Cake – A delicious light, lemon and poppyseed cake.
Dole Whip Cupcakes – A fun and festive twist on a favorite Disney dessert.
Mango Coconut Cake -super easy to make and is perfect for all of your upcoming celebrations! Made with fresh mango and topped with a lovely cream cheese frosting, it is sure to become a favorite recipe
I hope you enjoyed this Cherry Dump Cake recipe. If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram, and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.