These adorable Oreo Turkeys are the perfect way to celebrate Thanksgiving. Whether you need something extra special for a class party or just want to put smiles on the faces of every person in your home, this is the cookie for you.
If you've already been wondering how to make a turkey out of Oreo cookies, you've come to the right place. They are a fun dessert for your Thanksgiving dinner.
Why These Cookies Rock!
Easy but impressive. You can make these no bake dessert cookies almost as fast as you can melt the chocolate to use as glue. No complicated steps for these festive treats and they are actually so much fun to make!
Adorable cuteness. Everyone who sees these cute Oreo turkey cookies is going to walk away with a smile on their face and talk about them later with their friends and family. These cute little turkeys are perfect for the Thanksgiving holidays or classroom parties!
Tasty treats. Kids and adults alike love Oreos and candy corn. This fun treat is a win-win.
This no bake treat is as simple as melting the chocolate chips and then using it as the glue to make a turkey face on top of Oreo cookies using candies. That's it. It's not hard at all and you can even enlist your children to help if you want to make a mess together, make memories, and get chocolate everywhere.
Pro Tip: If you are making these darling turkeys with children, buy extra chocolate chips. 🙂
Ingredients for Oreo Turkey Cookies
Just a few simple ingredients are needed for this recipe. Refer to the recipe card for the measurements.
Fudge-Covered Round Sandwich Cookies. Oreo sandwich cookies or Nutter Butters will both work.
Chocolate Chips. For melting. You can use chocolate or white chocolate.
Candy Corn candies. Use whichever variety you want. Do not use any cracked or broken pieces of candy corn,
Yellow M & Ms. Orange might also work.
Candy Eyes. Available at your local craft store or wherever you buy cake decorating supplies.
Pro Tip: Don't tell your kids where you put the rest of the bag after you pull out all the yellow ones.
See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
- Place cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet.
2. In a microwave safe bowl, heat the chocolate chips at 15 second intervals, stirring between, until completely melted.
3. Use the melted chocolate to “glue” the turkey feathers using candy corn pieces, into place on the cookie.
4. Spread melted chocolate on top part of the cookie. Place the candy corn side by side so that the yellow part of the candy corn is on top.
5. Place a dab of melted chocolate towards the bottom for the nose, two small dabs for the back of the candy eyes. Place a yellow m&m on its side for the turkey beak.
- 6. Put the turkeys on wax paper lined baking sheet in the fridge for 30 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden before serving. Wipe any excess chocolate with a small knife.
Top Expert Tip
Be a little generous with the chocolate to make sure everything sticks well and your cute turkeys don't fall apart too soon.
Don't use old chocolate chips. If they are clumping in the microwave or double boiler instead of melting properly they have probably expired. Chocolate chips do not last from one holiday season to the next.
Absolutely. In many locations you can now buy the brand name cookies in gluten-free form. If you can't find your favorite brand, you can always find gluten-free sandwich cookies at your local grocery store. Ask around to find out where the gluten-free section is and you will be good-to-go.
They can be. You can find allergy-friendly sandwich cookies at your local grocery store, free of the top seven allergies. You can also get allergy-friendly chocolate chips. The trick will be finding allergen free substitutes for candy corn and M&Ms which both are exposed to peanuts in the factory.
A quick search on Amazon will help you find a brand of chocolate candies that will work. This post will give you options for allergy-friendly candy corn, which does exist.
More Cute Thanksgiving Desserts
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below and if you REALLY like this, let me know so in the comments below. Thanks!
Oreo Turkey Cookies
- 6 Fudge Covered Round Sandwich Cookies
- ¼ cup chocolate chips for melting
- Candy corn
- Yellow M&Ms
- Candy eyes
- Open the box of cookies and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat the chocolate chips at 15 second intervals, stirring between, until completely melted.
- Use the chocolate to “glue” the turkey features into place on the peanut butter cookie.
- Place a dab of chocolate towards the bottom for the nose, two small dabs for eyes and one large line of chocolate at the top to affix the candy corn, forming feathers.
- Put the baking sheet in the fridge for 30 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden before serving.
I hope you enjoyed this easy dessert recipe. These Oreo cookie turkeys are a great way to celebrate the season.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share easy recipes for the season and a few things that I don’t share here. I email you only once a week as I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!