Looking for a fun and easy twist on pizza night or a simple snack for the family? Pizza roll ups are the answer! These golden brown delights combine the flavors of your favorite pizza toppings with the convenience of a roll.
If you love pizza, you will love this easy to make pizza roll-up recipe.
Whether you're hosting a game-day party, needing a quick lunch, or satisfying a salty snack craving, these pizza roll-ups are the perfect solution. With simple ingredients and straightforward instructions, you'll have a delicious batch of homemade pizza rolls ready in no time.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
Quick and easy. These pizza roll-ups are perfect for a last-minute snack or meal.
Customizable. You can use any of your favorite pizza toppings, making it a hit with everyone.
Satisfies cravings. This is a great way to enjoy the taste of pizza in a convenient roll-up form.
Perfect for snacking. Ideal for an after school snack, a game day appetizer, or a fun twist on pizza night.
Freezer-friendly. You can enjoy them the next day or whenever you crave a tasty treat.
Ingredients for pepperoni pizza rolls
- Baking powder
- Garlic powder
- Plain greek yogurt
- Marinara sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Pepperoni slices
How to make pizza pinwheels
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a cupcake pan and set it aside.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, garlic powder, and salt.
Add the plain yogurt to your flour mixture and mix with a fork until a shaggy dough has formed.
Using your hands, knead the rest of the flour into the dough until a ball forms.
Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll it out to a 12x8 rectangle.
Spread marinara sauce on the dough, then layer with cheese and slices of pepperoni.
Roll the dough like you would roll up cinnamon rolls.
Cut the roll into nine even pieces.
Place each roll into each cupcake serving and bake for 25 minutes.
Cool for a few minutes, then serve with warm extra extra pizza sauce for dipping.
Tips for the Best Results
- Use room temperature yogurt for a smoother dough.
- Roll the dough out into a large rectangle to ensure an even distribution of toppings.
- Experiment with your favorite pizza toppings, like bell peppers, olives, or Italian sausage.
- Brush the tops with melted butter and sprinkle with Italian seasoning for extra flavor.
- Serve with warm pizza sauce or your favorite dipping sauce.
- Top with some fresh basil for a garnish.
Substitutions and Variations
- For a vegetarian option, omit the pepperoni and load up on veggies.
- Add extra shredded cheese for an even gooier experience.
- Instead of mozzarella, use parmesan cheese for a different flavor profile.
- For a shortcut, instead of homemade pizza dough, you could use the store-bought dough for crescent rolls or even puff pastry.
FAQs About This Recipe
Yes, pizza roll-ups are freezer-friendly. Store them in an airtight container or freezer bag for later enjoyment.
If the dough breaks a little, it is okay. It will come back together in the baking process.
You can try making smaller pizza roll ups in the air fryer for a faster cooking time, approximately 10-12 minutes.
Pop them in a preheated oven or air fryer for a few minutes until they're hot and crispy again.
More great roll-up recipes
Pizza Roll Ups
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- ¾ cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella
- ½ cup pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a cupcake pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, garlic powder, and salt.
- Add the plain yogurt to your flour mixture, mix with a fork until a shaggy dough has formed.
- Using your hands knead the rest of the flour into the dough until a ball forms.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and roll out to a 12x8 rectangle.
- Spread marinara sauce on the dough, layer with cheese and pepperoni.
- Roll the dough like you would roll up cinnamon rolls.
- Cut the roll into 9 even pieces.
- Place each roll into each cupcake serving and bake for 25 minutes.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share easy recipes for the season that the entire family is sure to love and also a few things that I don’t share here.