This Easy Homemade Toffee is absolutely delicious! A sweet buttery toffee that only takes a few ingredients to make.
‘Tis the season for all things toffee.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Making homemade toffee is so easy! Once you try it – you will be amazed at how easy it is. This recipe just requires three simple ingredients to make.
It is the perfect holiday treat and one that the whole family is sure to love.
Homemade candy is always appreciated as a holiday gift or on your dessert table.
These look beautiful in containers on a dessert bar or holiday table. No one will know it just took a handful of ingredients to make.
This easy recipe makes a nice gift idea for friends during the holiday season.
Ingredients For Easy 3 Ingredient Toffee
This recipe only requires three ingredients.
Butter – use real butter and not margarine.
Water – You can use frozen shrimp or shrimp from the seafood section. Honestly, sometimes the shrimp in the seafood section has been
Sugar – This recipe calls for White sugar.
Equipment and Kitchen Tools Needed
- Heavy saucepan
- Measuring cup
- Whisk or wooden spoon
- parchment paper
- candy thermometer
How to Make Homemade Toffee Candy
Step By Step Instructions
- Add all three ingredients to the saucepan over low heat. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Whisk the hot sugar mixture frequently and be sure to scrape the bottom of the pot with a spatula.
2. Allow water to boil out and the mixture will begin to darken. Continue whisking until you reach your desired color.
3. Mixture will look a light brown.
4. Pour the toffee mixture out onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, and spread into an even layer.
5. Let cool for one hour. Break and enjoy beef over medium heat. Break beef into small pieces using a wooden spoon. Drain
Pro Tips and Timesaver Shortcuts
- Cook toffee until it reaches 295 to 309 °f. This is known as the hard crack phase. (Learn more about the candy making science.)
- Humid climates may affect the time it takes for the toffee to harden.
- Add melted chocolate stripes and/or sprinkles
Variations, Notes, and Substitutions
- Add a layer of chocolate: Melt chocolate chips in the microwave at 30-second intervals until completely melted. You can either drizzle melted chocolate over toffee or dip the cooled toffee pieces in melted milk chocolate.
- Top with some crunchy pecans or candy melts.
Serving and Storage Suggestions
- Store candy in an airtight container.
- You can serve this over ice cream and breaking into little toffee bits on top.
- The toffee is best enjoyed at room temperature, so be sure to cool completely before serving
Can homemade toffee be frozen?
Yes, you can freeze toffee in sealed a freezer-safe container.
Does homemade toffee need to be refrigerated?
No you can store it in a cool dry place. Use parchment paper or waxed paper in between layers so that it doesn’t all stick together.
More Homemade Candy Recipes
- Copycat Almond Roca – a holiday favorite that tastes just like the real thing,
- Peanut Butter Balls – Just like your favorite peanut butter and chocolate candies!
- Coconut Balls – Delicious chocolate and coconut candies.
- Milk Chocolate Bark – This delicious milk chocolate bark makes a great dessert or gift idea.
- Homemade Salted Peanut Clusters – this is the best peanut clusters recipe ever and so so easy to make!
- Easy Fudge Recipe – A quick fudge recipe for the holidays.
Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe.
3 Ingredient Toffee
- 2 sticks 1 cup of unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- Add all three ingredients to pan
- Bring to a boil
- Whisk frequently
- Allow water to boil out and the mixture will begin to darken
- Continue whisking until you reach your desired color
- Pour out onto a parchment lined baking sheet
- Let cool for one hour
- Break and enjoy
Add melted chocolate stripes and sprinkles
We hope you enjoyed this easy toffee recipe. Making your own candy is really easy to do!
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe to the newsletter here.
I share simple recipes for the season and a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.