These cute DIY Dollar Store Halloween Bats are a fun way to make some DIY Halloween bat decor. Whether you are decorating for a Vampire themed party, or are just looking for a fun craft idea, these little coffee filter bats are cute and fun to make.
Are you into all the Halloween decor? I have been enjoying decorating around the house for this fun holiday.
These cute little bats are just another way you can use coffee filters. They are seriously fun to make and can be a fun way to bring a little fun to your party.
These clothespin Bats come together in about 20 minutes and the best part is, you probably already have all the supplies needed at home. The tie-dye design is created with coffee filters and markers.
DIY Dollar Store Bat Decor - Coffee Filter Clothespin Bats
- Dollar Store Clothespins – Wooden, Spring-Style
- Dollar Store Coffee Filters – Round
- Wiggle Eyes
- Washable Markers – Black, Blue and Purple
- Liquid Glue with fine tip applicator
- Black Acrylic Craft Paint
- Black Cardstock
- White Gel Pen
- Water Spray Bottle
- Flatten round coffee filters and apply several colors of washable markers in a variety of patterns. Place the colored coffee filter on craft mat and spritz with water to watch the magic! Set aside to dry.
2. While the coffee filter dries, clip the clothespins on a scrap of cardboard and paint all sides with black craft paint and paintbrush. Set aside to dry.
3. Once clothespins are dry, attach wiggle eyes to each using the fine tip applicator. Then draw a mouth and fangs with a white gel pen on the clothespins. Set aside to dry.
4. Fold the dried coffee filter in fourths and cut a scalloped edge with scissors. Unfold filter to half and cut a 3” slit up from the scalloped edge.
5. Open the clothespins and insert wings. Cut ears from black cardstock, apply to the top of the clothespin with liquid glue. Your bats are done and ready to decorate!
You can clip the bats on a string or hang then from lamps and things with string.
We hope you enjoyed this fun Halloween craft idea!
These are adorable! I love the color and the amazing eyes!