Football Pizza Pockets are a tasty treat. So if you are just chilling at home this weekend for the Super Bowl, here is a fun and really simple idea. You will need a football shaped cookie cutter to do this. Using refrigerated pizza dough, you can make mini pizza pockets.
Just roll the dough on a floured surface, cut footballs out of crust dough. Place on cookie sheet.
Spread half of the footballs with pizza sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
Place the plain dough footballs over the ones with the pizza toppings.
Use the remaining dough remnants to make laces.
Bake on cookie sheet. The time will vary depending on the brand of dough used. It can be any where from 9-15 minutes so watch carefully. I would also recommend baking on parchment paper to avoid over baking. You will want to have some dipping sauce because the pockets will be a bit dough-heavy if you eat them plain.
- Refridgerated Pizza Dough
- Pizza sauce
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- Using a football shaped cookie cutter, cut out footballs from pizza dough
- Set aside half of the footballs for tops
- Brush pizza sauce on each remaining football
- sprinkle each football with cheese
- Cover each football with dough
- Add football strings using scraps of dough
- Bake at 400 for 17-22 minutes
- Serve with pizza sauce for dipping.
Who are you rooting for this year?