This crockpot chicken recipe is a nice matching of chicken breasts and green chili in a light summer recipe. While I tend to use my slow cooker more in fall and winter, I also love to use it to make dinner on nights when we will be out all day. While I make chicken chili during the colder months, this crockpot chicken with vegetables recipe is so easy to make that you will want to make it again and again. This slow cooker chicken goes great with rice and a salad for a nice light summer dinner idea.
You just add the vegetables,
Add the chicken and let it do the cooking for you.
In a few hours you will have a wonderful, healthy dinner ready for you!
I use fresh vegetables in this dish because these vegetables are often pretty inexpensive this time of year. You can also make this recipe with regular chicken breasts or skinless chicken breasts. It tastes great either way.
You can also add a couple of extra chicken breasts and increase the water by ½ cup. Then shred the extra chicken breasts and save for tacos for another evening dinner recipe.
Crockpot Chicken Recipe
- 3-4 chicken breasts. skin or skinless
- ⅓ cup onions, chopped
- ½ bell pepper coarsely chopped
- ⅔ cup carrots
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can 7 oz. mild green chilis
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon seasoning salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- In a crockpot or slow cooker, place onions, bell peppers, carrots,tomatoes and garlic.
- Add chicken breasts and top with green chilis, salt, seasoning salt, pepper and cumin..
- Add chicken broth and cook on low 8-10 hours.
My family loves this chicken crockpot recipe and green chili and if yours does too, be sure to check out my easy Chili Verde Enchiladas recipe.