I wanted to share a cool app with you today. Well it is really more than an app, it is also a beautiful recipe site and search engine. You may have noticed my Yummly Certified badge recently on my blog
Some of the cool features of Yummly are:
- Yummly calculates the nutritional value for each recipe, showing you the breakdown of everything from calories, carbohydrates, fat and more. I love this feature because I can quickly determine if the recipe is something I will want to make.
- You can add recipes from other sites into you recipe box, not just from Yummly. You can add a bookmark (I use the one on Chrome), and bookmark from tons of recipe sites.
- Yummly is only recipes which is great when you are specifically looking for a new dish to try. No getting distracted by cute craft ideas or ways to use mason jars. Not that I do not love cute craft ideas and mason jars, I actually love both, but it is nice to stay focused on recipes here.
- You can change the portions and Yummly will recalculate the recipe to reflect the new ingredient amounts. This is so helpful and a great timesaver too!
- The site will also offer recipes based on your profile and your tastes. So if you have dietary restrictions and are say, gluten-free or dairy free, Yummly customizes your search recommendations to consider your dietary restrictions. These filters can also sort by tastes such as sweet, sour and spice levels.
- It is a great resource for home and professional cooks. There is a great discussion forum where you can get answers to your recipe and cooking questions.
- You can create collections of recipes by any category you like, which are a great way to keep them nicely organized and I love things to be organized.
You can find my recipes on the Yummly site. There you will find many more wonderful recipes from blogs such as The Pioneer Woman and Recipe Girl on Yummly too! You can add recipes to your box by clicking the yum button like you see at the bottom of this post.
Also, Yummly is free to use which is awesome. Have you visited Yummly yet?