This spiced beef stew is the perfect meal to celebrate the fall season! Made easily on the stovetop, this easy beef stew recipe is a keeper.
Hello Friends! How is your week going? We are enjoying the cool weather of the season and enjoying watching our sports. There is nothing like getting together with family and friends around the television to enjoy a good game or movie.
I wanted to share this Spiced Beef Stew recipe with you for a fun and festive fall meal. I love simple recipes like this one because I can use ingredients I already have on hand and the amount of clean up is minimal. This recipe has a little kick that you can spice up or down to your liking.
This Beef Stew recipe is made with a simple stove pot with a lid, but it can also be made in a Dutch Oven.
Fall is the perfect season for piping hot single pot meals. Here are a few of my other favorite single pot meals for the season:
- One Pot Beef Pasta – – Easily made with vegetables and pasta you likely already have on hand.
- Ground Beef Stroganoff – An easy stroganoff recipe from scratch that is made without canned soup.
- Taco Pasta with Ground Beef – A lovely dinner idea for those that love tacos.
Beef Stew makes a comforting dinner all year round, but this time of year I find myself making stews more often. Savory dishes are just so comforting this time of year and I like to spice them up and raise the heat level for added warmth and comfort. Stew is also an easy dinner idea when schedules are busy.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, please consider it. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
How to cook Beef Stew:
I love making beef stew on the stove, in my crockpot, and in my slow cooker. Each method is a little different, but honestly, you cannot go wrong with any of them.
Ingredients for Beef Stew:
- Beef Chuck Roast
- Olive oil
- Beef broth
- Red potatoes
- 1 14.5 oz can fire roasted tomatoes
- Can Chipotle Chilis in Adobo Sauce
- beef broth
- red potatoes
- Red Pepper Flakes
Spiced Beef Stew
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound beef chuck roast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 4 cups beef broth
- 7-8 small red potatoes, washed and cubed
- 1 14.5 oz can tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Chili in Adobo sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Cut beef roast into cubes - about 1” each.
Blend Salt, Pepper, and Cumin and sprinkle over meat.
In stove pot, heat 1 olive oil over medium heat
Add cubed beef and brown about 6-8 minutes over medium heat.
Remove beef and set aside.
Add onion and saute a few minutes until clear.
Add beef broth, canned tomatoes, green peppers, and adobo sauce to the pot and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium-low and add beef.
Cover and cook about 35 minutes.
Add cubed potatoes and cook another 20 minutes.
Add cilantro and serve.
- Consider doubling this recipe and freeze half of the stew for another evening.
- Use bottled minced garlic (or the kind in the tube) to save the time of mincing. I use it a lot in my recipes and love the flavor.
- Rump Roast, Eye Round Roast, Top Round, Beef Chuck Roast and Round Tip Roast can all be used for this recipe.
Don’t forget to Pin this recipe for later!
Thanks for stopping by!