This Rumchata Hot Chocolate is my new favorite cocktail hot chocolate for the holiday season. It is a delicious cocktail with creamy hot cocoa and the perfect adult beverage for a cold night.
If you have not tried Rumchata, it is a creamy liqueur that is a combination of rum, warm spices, and cream. making it the or a boozy hot chocolate.
This creamy Rumchata hot chocolate recipe is one of our easy Christmas recipes you will want to bookmark for later.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Tasty. This creamy and spiced adult hot chocolate is the perfect drink for a chilly evening. So nice for date night or a warm drink to enjoy after the kids are in bed.
Easy recipe. This Rumchata with hot chocolate recipe is super easy to make with just a few simple ingredients. This recipe is the perfect way to elevate a cup of hot chocolate.
Festive. This boozy hot chocolate is the perfect addition for a holiday party. Winter drinks are so fun to enjoy and this is one of my favorite drink recipes to celebrate the season.
Hot Chocolate with Rumchata Ingredients
- cocoa powder
- chocolate chips
- Rumchata cream liqueur - made with caribbean rum
- mini marshmallows
- chocolate sauce or syrup
See recipe card for quantities.
Substitutions and Variations
- milk chocolate chips - can sub for the semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Other Hot Chocolate Toppings - add any of the following or any of your favorite toppings, for a fun twist whipped cream, caramel drizzle, toffee bits, chocolate shavings, chocolate sprinkles.
- garnishes - garnish with a cinnamon stick or a peppermint stick or candy cane to make it a Rumchata Christmas drink!
You can also add a little Rumchata to your homemade hot chocolate.
How to Make Hot Chocolate with Rumchata
Step 1 - In a small saucepan, combine chocolate chips, cocoa powder and sugar.
Step 2 - add the milk and stir.
Step 4- Warm hot cocoa mixture over medium heat, stirring often.
Step 4- Add the rumchata and blend.
Step 5- Pour into cups and top with marshmallows and chocolate syrup.
Rumchata and hot chocolate go together really well for a creamy cocktail. Enjoy the drink but remember to drink responsibly.
Use high-quality unsweetened cocoa powder for the best flavor.
In the liquor department of your favorite grocery store.
Yes, you can easily scale up this recipe.
More favorite hot cocoa recipes
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
More Winter Cocktail Recipe Ideas
Rumchata Hot Chocolate
- 2 tbsp. Cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. Sugar
- ¼ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 oz. Rumchata
- Miniature marshmallows for topping
- Chocolate sauce for topping
- In a medium saucepan, stir together cocoa powder, sugar, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and milk.
- Heat over medium-low heat until steamy and chocolate chips have melted, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and stir in Rumchata.
- Pour into coffee mug and top with miniature marshmallows and a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
If you loved this recipe, please consider giving it a five star rating.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share easy recipes for the season that the entire family is sure to love and also a few things that I don’t share here.