There are many benefits of journaling and today I am sharing 5 reasons to keep a journal.
This post contains affiliate links.
Have you set goals for yourself? Have you found yourself struggling to meet those goals for yourself? Don’t feel bad, we all struggle sometimes. Did you know though, that it doesn’t have to be this way? You don’t have to struggle through your days just to try to stay motivated enough to work on your goals? There is something that you can do to give yourself an edge.
Sometimes, it just takes a little bit of a change up in our daily routine to make a significant difference in our daily productivity and overall accomplishments. If you want to make a big change in your life, start journaling every single day.
Why, you ask? Well, check out this list of 5 reasons you should journal every day to see just some of the ways that it can benefit you.
- Journaling helps you keep track of your goals. Sometimes life gets so busy that we often forget what we are working toward. It seems crazy to think, but it’s true. With the day to day of life, you can simply get through the day and not realize until the end of it that you forgot to make that phone call or go to the bank or whatever. Having it written down on a piece of paper can assist you in keeping track of what you need to do. Whether you choose to keep a standard journal or a bullet journal, documenting measurable goals will help you stay focused.
- Journaling is a great creative outlet. Keeping your brain active by reading or writing is a fantastic way to stimulate creativity. When you set aside time each day to journal, you are allowing your mind time to get creative. Many adults tend to think that we simply don’t have time to focus on creativity, instead of spending our time “getting stuff done.”
- Journaling helps release negative emotions. If you are struggling with negativity, you can journal and write out those emotions. Putting pen to paper helps to clear your mind so that you can start fresh and not focus on the bad. It is also helpful if you are going through personal challenges.
- Journaling takes your focus off of your gadgets. Let’s face it, we live in a gadget-filled world that places focus on everyone and everything else. When you set aside journaling time each day, you will find that you are spending more time on you and less time staring at your phone and all those notifications. You will begin to live in the moment again and I can almost guarantee you that you will find it incredibly refreshing!
- Journaling helps keep family records. If you choose to journal about your day to day life, it is a very personal way to have family records in writing. You can read back through your journal at any point and relive great moments in your family’s lives.
Keep in mind that this is just 5 reasons why journaling is good for you, there are countless other reasons all of which are beneficial.
These are my suggestions for reasons to keep a journal. If you know a friend or relative that might enjoy this article, please share it. Check out my favorite bullet journal supplies here.
Do you journal? How have you found that it benefits you?