This Orange Banana smoothie is an easy favorite. I love it to start the morning off, but it is a great refresher any time of day. This Orange Banana smoothie without yogurt is delicious too!
This makes a wonderful mid-morning or afternoon snack and is so refreshing. Packed with vitamin C too. I love the color of this smoothie because it reminds me of a bright summer day!
Hello Friends! This last weekend I was feeling a bit off, so I enjoyed this easy smoothie recipe with banana for some added nutrients. Sometimes my body lets me know that I have not had enough fruits in my diet, so this is an easy way to add them to my daily intake.
This weekend we did a little cleaning and organization of closets and gathered a bunch of bags for donating. We also spent some time out at the beach. This time of year is a wonderful time to take in all the relaxing summer vibes.
This smoothie recipe with orange juice makes for a bright beginning to the day. I like to use the low sugar orange juice to keep the calories down, but you can make it with regular orange juice too. It is only two ingredients and so easy to make.
If you want to change it up, you can add some fresh mango too!
I find smoothies a wonderful way to start the mornings. If you are on Weight Watchers, using a 50% orange juice blend will make this cool drink a total of three points since bananas are zero.
Some of my favorite fresh fruit smoothie recipes are
- Mango Greens Smoothie – made with spinach and kale, this is my favorite green smoothie.
- Strawberry Blueberry Smoothie – perfect with fresh berries from the farmers market or grocery store.
- Berry Cherry Smoothie – this smoothie is made with plain yogurt for added dairy.
Try these out and you just may discover your best smoothie recipe. Summer fruits are in the peak of their season right now. You can also use frozen fruit.
If you want, to add protein to this smoothie, you can add plain yogurt. You can also add chia or flax seeds to this recipe for added omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants.
- Freeze peeled bananas ahead of time and keep them in the freezer. Cut the bananas into one-inch slices and keep in a sealed container or baggie. It saves you time and gives an added chill to your smoothie.
- Use a blender that is easy to clean. My favorite blender is my Blendtec. I have had it for years and it never fails to work without any trouble It also is easy to clean, which I love.
- Freeze summer fruit now so that you have the fruit ready in the freezer for the future.
Don’t forget to pin this.
Orange Banana Smoothie Recipe
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.
We hope you enjoyed this quick and easy recipe. If you enjoyed this recipe, please consider sharing. We would love it if you did! If you make it and share it on Instagram, please tag us at @organizedisland and let us know!