While it is really fun to go away on a romantic getaway for Valentine's Day, the truth is that it is not realistic for most people. Throughout the years most Valentine's Days my husband and I have spent together have been really low-key. When the kids were younger we did not go out because a lot of the restaurants were really crowded and it was not good use of baby sitting time.
So today I am sharing some tips to celebrating Valentines day at home, without spending much money. These are great tips for spending as a family or with the kids or even by yourself.
Celebrating Valentines Day at Home
These activities can be done as a family, with kids or even by yourself at home.
- Make a fabulous dinner at home.
- Leave post it notes or heart confetti around the home.
- Watch some fun and endearing movies like The Parent Trap, Tangled or Grease.
- Send a letter or email to an elderly family member or loved one you have not seen in a while.
- Have a game night with snacks.
- Plan a family trip for the summer.
- Write a song together
- Make a movie from some of your photos.
- Make these heart-shaped cookies or other Valentine's cookies.
- Give the kids one or all of these fun Valentine's printable activity pages to do.
Check out the additional Valentine's at home ideas here. How are you planning to spend Valentine's Day?