This boozy eggnog is a fun and festive drink for the holiday season. Spiked eggnog is a fun and festive drink that I love to serve at New Year's eve parties.
New Years Eve is the perfect time of year to enjoy egg nog, with its creamy and rich flavors with a hint of spice. This eggnog drink only requires three ingredients and is one of our New Years Recipe Ideas you will want to bookmark.
Made with just a few ingredients, this spiked eggnog recipe is great for a Christmas party or New Years Eve party. It's the perfect way to ring in a new year.
This Boozy Eggnog recipe is a shortcut recipe using eggnog from the grocery store as an eggnog base. Since store-bought eggnog does not contain raw eggs, I don't have to worry about it being safe to consume.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Easy Recipe. You don't need a homemade eggnog recipe for this eggnog drink. Made with simple ingredients and ....
Tasty. This spiked eggnog recipe has a nice creamy texture and warm spices.
Fun and Festive. This boozy eggnog cocktail is different from a classic eggnog recipe and is perfect for a holiday party. Kahlua adds a nice
For a non-alcoholic version try this recipe.
- eggnog - I like using a store brand as it is made with pasteurized eggs. I like Bolthouse Farm eggnog as it is the best eggnog. It is made with egg yolks and low fat milk rather than heavy cream. Whatever you choose, be sure to use a non-alcoholic eggnog since you will be adding your own.
- Kahlua - or a similar liqueur.
- simple syrup - either store bought or make your own with equal parts granulated sugar and water.
- Whipped cream.
- Edible glitter in gold or silver
- Festive Sprinkles - I used a gold and silver blend.
See recipe card for quantities.
- cocktail shaker
- small plate
Step by Step Recipe Instructions
While traditionally, eggnog is spiked with rum, bourbon, or brandy, this recipe is spiked with Kahlua for a nice smooth, rich drink.
First, prepare cocktail glasses by dipping rims in simple syrup and then in a plate with edible glitter. Let set. You can do this a couple hours ahead of time if you like.
Step 1 - Place ice and eggnog in a cocktail shaker.
Step 2 - Add eggnog. Shake 20-30 seconds and pour into glasses.
Add whipped cream and festive sprinkles and serve.
Substitutions & Variations
You can change up this festive drink easily.
- Rum based - Instead of Kahlua you can add a ittle spiced rum or dark rup to the eggnog.
- Whiskey Eggnog - use whiskey in place of Kahlua
- Warm Spices - add a dash of ground or fresh nutmeg or cinnamon for extra spice which enhances the eggnog flavors.
Store in a sealed glass container in the refrigerator. A large mason jar works well.
Can I upsize this recipe?
Yes, you can scale up this recipe for a large party and serve the eggnog in a spout pitcher or punch bowl.
Should I serve eggnog hot or cold?
You can serve eggnog hot or cold. Chilled eggnog is refreshing, while warmed eggnog adds a cozy holiday feel.
More New Years Holiday Drinks and NYE Treats
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:You must use the category slug, not a URL, in the category field.
- 2 cups eggnog
- 3 fl oz. Kahula liqueur
- 2 teaspoons simple syrup vanilla
- Gold edible dust for rim
- Whipped topping for rim
- Gold and silver star sprinkles
- Brush simple syrup around the edge of the glass. With a pastry small brush, brush on the gold shimmer edible glitter.
- In a shaker, add ice, eggnog, and kahula. Shake well and pour into the glass.
- Top with whipped topping, sprinkle stars, and a black and white striped straw.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share easy recipes for the season that the entire family is sure to love and also a few things that I don’t share here.