These easy cheesy Bacon beer Cheddar bites are perfect for an appetizer or snack any day! Made easily in minutes, these tasty bundles of cheese are ready in about 15 minutes.
Hello Friends! How is your week going? We are enjoying the cool weather of the season and enjoying watching our sports. There is nothing like getting together with family and friends around the television to enjoy a good game or movie.
Today’s recipe is an easy one when you are looking for a tasty appetizer to put together quickly. I love simple recipes like this one, because I can use ingredients I already have on hand and the amount of clean up is minimal. I also love the way all the flavors come together in a cheesy goodness of a snack in just minutes too.
If you have never heard of Bays English Muffins before, I strongly suggest you give them a try because they are wonderful to keep on hand. Bays English Muffins are in the refrigerated dairy case in your grocery store. Bays English Muffins are perfect to keep on hand because they are so versatile and can be used for much more than breakfast.
Today’s recipe is a wonderful hot and cheesy appetizer or snack idea, that is perfect for game day. The cheddar cheese nestles in the nooks and crannies and topped with crispy bacon bits.
Bays are always fresh and toast up with a nice light crispiness. I find them light and tasty and perfect for much more than breakfast or brunch (although they are great for that too!)
Just check out all the great recipes on the Bays English Muffin page and you will see that they truly elevate any meal.
Besides their original recipe, Bays English Muffins come in a variety of flavors:
- Sourdough - Made with the quality ingredients (spring wheat flour, cane sugar, whole milk powder, AA creamery butter, and potato flour)
- Multi-Grain - Whole grain goodness with a rich, nutty flavor. Made with a special blend of whole wheat, rye, buckwheat and rice flours).
- Cinnamon Raisin - Made with sweet raisins, cinnamon, and a hint of real Wisconsin butter and whole milk.
You can enjoy these just like this, or slice them up for a tasty appetizer.
How to make Cheddar Beer Cheese Bites
- It really doesn’t get much easier than this, but you can keep shredded cheddar cheese in a container in your refrigerator. I frequently shred my cheese ahead of time to save on prep time.
Cheddar Beer Cheese Bites
Recipe courteous of Bays English Muffins
Cheddar Beer Bites
- 6 Bays Original English Muffins split, toasted
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup dark ale or beer
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- ¼ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 4 slices smoked bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, stout, mustard and hot sauce and mix well.
- Add shredded cheese and bacon.
- Spread mixture evenly over all the muffin halves.
- Be sure to spread towards edges.
- Place muffin halves on cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle lightly with paprika.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- Let cool a few minutes and cut into bite-sized quarters.
Don't forget to pin this recipe for later.
We hope you enjoyed this delicious, simple recipe idea. Follow the conversation on social under #BetterwithBays
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!