How has your week been going? Do you feel like you could use a little bit of help being more productive? You aren’t the only one. I think that most of us feel like that from time to time or maybe all the time (no judgment here). If you are looking for some tips on how to be more productive, I have a few tips today. First, start with your mornings. After all, your mornings are often the setting for how our entire day will go.
Here are 6 ways to make your mornings more productive:
- Start the night before. That’s right. Your most efficient morning starts the night before. Climb into bed at a decent time, put the phone down and turn the tv off. You need quality sleep in order to wake up your best self.
- Start with water. When you first wake up and step into the kitchen, forgo the coffee (only momentarily of course...I wouldn’t do that to you) and grab a nice cold glass of water. Water refreshes and boosts your energy level. This means that you will feel more refreshed and able to focus on your to-do list and you will definitely have more energy for the next tip on our list.
- Work out. Taking the time to exercise is a fabulous way to spike your productivity. Many studies have shown the benefits of exercises as it pertains to workflow and it works. When you exercise, you raise your energy levels (even if you feel tired from the work out), and these energy levels will remain raised throughout the day.
- Write down your to-do list. Creating a to do list is a great way to focus your mind on what you need to get done. Putting pen to paper and creating this list is a good way to remind yourself of what you need to get done, plus you will then have a list that you can check in on throughout the day to measure your progress. This can be a great motivator.
- Eat a healthy, hearty breakfast. Do not skip breakfast. Starting your morning with a healthy, hearty breakfast such as eggs or oatmeal helps to kick start your morning in a healthy way. Eating well also improves your energy and focus, which are imperative to a productive day.
- Avoid screen time. Set a time limit for yourself (at least 30 minutes to an hour) to not look at any screens in the morning. I know, this can be a tough one, but it has several benefits. One of best benefits though, is to prevent you from getting distracted by social media, texts or emails. You know how it goes, once you go down the social media rabbit hole, there is no telling how long you will be there and that is a recipe for a productivity disaster. Not to mention the problems with blue light.
Do you have any awesome tips that help your mornings be more productive? We would love to hear about them!