This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PinThatTwist #CollectiveBias
The other day my mom and I were having our typical craft day together and we talked about my Grandmother Maria (my mom’s mom). My grandmother grew up on a ranch in Mexico and came to the United States when she was a teenager in the early 1900’s. She was a fabulous cook and was always making big delicious meals, all made from scratch. She also knew how important it was to celebrate the little things in life and each meal was a celebration in itself.
When I was little, we used to have Sunday supper at my grandmothers. She knew that if she made a great homemade meal we would all come and we did. Familia was the most important thing ever. No matter what was going on in your life, you always made time for family. What I remember about those Sundays is that my grandma always made a great dessert to go with the meal! Sometimes it was rice pudding, or churros or a delicious flan made with a sweet Dulce De Leche flavor!
Those times have all gone by so fast and now our family is bigger than it once was.
Fast forward to today and I can serve my family a great Dulce De Leche dessert. Dulce means sweet in Spanish so why not incorporate a little Dulce de Leche into more recipes?
I am sharing my recipe for Dulce De Leche cheesecake cookies. These little cheesecake cookies are tasty and a nice way to get a little taste of sweetness without eating a whole slice of pie.
I bought everything I needed for this recipe at Albertsons. I love the selection at Albertson’s I can can always find the Philadelphia Cream Cheese and Jell-O Instant pudding ingredients I need.
To make the cookies, you start with forming little crusts from crushed graham crackers.
Then you make the cream cheese filling. I make mine with Philadelphia Cream Cheese.
Then you fill the little cookie crusts”.
Once they are all stuffed, you pop them in the oven.
Once they are cooked, they are topped with a sweet caramel Dulce De Leche sauce.
For a tasty bit of dulce cheesecake goodness!
Dulce De Leche Cheesecake Cookies
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 cup flour
- 1 package (sleeve) of graham crackers
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg - separate white from yolk
- ½ container whipped cream cheese
- 2 tablespoon Jello Instant Vanilla pudding
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ 13.4 oz can dulce de leche
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Take the package of graham crackers (that is one sleeve from package) and place in a large sealable storage bag. Smash the crackers (or have your kids do it) to make crumbs out of the crackers.
- In mixing bowl, Mix softened butter, brown sugar and egg white only.
- Add crushed graham crackers, flour and baking powder. This will be the “crust” of the cookie.
- Roll the crust mixture into 1″ balls and put on a baking sheet.
- Flatten the center of each cookie to make an indentation for the cheesecake.
- In a separate bowl, mix together cream cheese, pudding, sugar, the egg yolk and vanilla. This will be your topping. Spoon this into the little pockets of your crusts.
- Bake 14-16 minutes.
- Let cool completely and top with Dulce De Leche
For more great recipe ideas, check the Albertson’s Pin that Twist page and the Pin That Twist Pinterest board!