This cute and festive Monster Halloween Decor Craft is perfect for crafters of nearly all ages. I love making little monsters from inexpensive items from the dollar store.
Or, you can paint these ahead of time and pick up some little clay pots for a fun Halloween party activity or a Monster party project.
Hello Friends! Today I wanted to share a simple Halloween craft with you. I was shopping at the dollar store the other day and saw these little clay pots that are perfect for much more than just plants.
If you are hosting a Halloween party or just decorating your home and you like a spooky theme, you can make these little guys in just a few minutes.
Halloween Monster Decorations – DIY Clay Pots
Clay pots transform into a Jack-O-Lantern, Frankenstein and a Bat for a cute, not creepy Halloween treat!
- Clay Pots – 4”, 3” and 2”
- Clay Pot Saucer – 4”
- Acrylic Craft Paint – Orange, Green, Black, Brown, Grey
- Paint Brushes
- Wiggle Eyes – Six
- Craft Foam – Black and Green
- Wooden Spools – One; 1” and Two; ½”
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Chenille Stem – One; Green
- Permanent Marker – Black
- Gel Pen – White
- Gather all supplies. Remove stickers from bottom of clay pots and saucer. Basecoat the clay pots with acrylic craft paint, let dry. Apply a second coat, if necessary. Four-inch pot is orange, three-inch pot is green and black and two-inch pot is black.
2. Paint the wooden spools. Large spool is brown and two small spools are grey, let dry. Apply a second coat, if necessary. TIP: Place spool on a paintbrush handle so all the surfaces can be painted at once.
3. Cut a leaf shape from green craft foam. Cut the small rectangles from black craft foam for Frankenstein’s face. Cut two bat wings and two small triangles for ears from black craft foam. Use pencil to draw shapes on foam prior to cutting.
4. Attach all features to clay pots with glue gun and glue sticks. Be sure to help little ones if using a glue gun to adhere. Remember you can make these your own and add extra eyes or crazy hair too.
5. Add details on Jack and Frank with black permanent marker. Add details on Bat with white gel pen.
Fill with your favorite Halloween candy and create a fun gift or party favor for a classmate, co-worker or neighbor!
These are so fun for Bunco nights and just as a little gift for office buddies. You can also have some fun with some ribbon too! Just wrap some natural or white woven ribbon around the pots and attache with glue.
Attach a couple of googly eyes and once it dries, you can use it for serving!
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share lots of seasonal recipes, tips and crafts and a few things that I don’t share here. Please know that I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.
We hope you loved this simple dollar store craft idea. How about you – are you fall crafting yet?