This delicious cowboy caviar is made with fresh ingredients and is a favorite appetizer dip. Made with corn, beans, tomatoes, and avocado,
For the salad:
- 1 15 ounce can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 green onions chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes seeded and diced
- ½ avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 bag tortilla chips
For the Dressing
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapenos plus 1 tablespoon brine
- 1 teaspoon honey
In a bowl or jar, mix together the ingredients for the dressing. Set aside
Dice onions, tomato, bell pepper and avocado into small pieces.
In a large bowl, toss together the ingredients for the salad.
Pour the dressing over the salad and stir to combine.
Cover the salad and refrigerate for one to two hours prior to serving.
Serve with tortilla chips.
Calories: 111kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 150mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 655IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 1mg