Thai Crispy Chicken
Delicious Thai Crispy Chicken cooks up in just a few minutes for a great weeknight dinner idea.
- 2 Chicken breasts cut into small pieces
- 1 Egg
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 Cup flour
- ½ Cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon broth
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- Pinch of turmeric
1. In a small bowl combine the peanut butter with the soy sauce, broth, ginger, cumin and turmeric. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl beat the egg with the lemon juice and set aside for breading.
3.In a third bowl combine the flour with the breadcrumbs, garlic powder, ginger and salt and pepper.
4.Dip the chicken into the egg and then dip in the flour mixture. Toss to coat evenly with flour.
5. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown.
6.Pour the peanut sauce over the chicken and cook for 3 more minutes stirring so the chicken gets evenly coated with the sauce.
7.Serve over rice with chopped pepper, mint or basil sprigs and a lime wedge.
Calories: 408kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 113mg | Sodium: 797mg | Potassium: 554mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 113IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 3mg