Easy & Creamy Macaroni Salad
A delicious Hawaiian Macaroni Salad side dish. Creamy pasta salad that goes with so many bbq and picnic dishes.
- 4 cups macaroni uncooked
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- ⅔ cup celery chopped
- ⅔ cup bell peppers chopped (I like to use green and red or green and orange for color)
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 tablespoon chopped olives
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
Cook macaroni per package directions. Rinse cooked pasta with cold water and thoroughly drain.
Place pasta in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
In a medium bowl, prepare mayonnaise mixture. Mix together mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper. Blend in onion, celery, peppers, carrot and olives. Add to cooked and drained pasta.
Chill at least 2 hours.
- Make this salad dressing the night before.
- You can boil the pasta ahead of time so it is ready when you are.
- You can actually make this entire salad the day before and keep it chilled in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It tastes great the next day!
Calories: 396kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 13g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 360mg | Potassium: 206mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1720IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg