Easy Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake
A delightful lemon and blueberry cake. Perfect for a breakfast or brunch or after-school snack
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 zest from one lemon
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Combine Wet Ingredients
In a large mixing bowl, Cream butter, eggs, sugar, sour craam and vanilla. Combine with mixer on low speed.
Combine Dry Ingredients
Add flour, baking powder and baking soda to cake batter.
Once flour mixture has been added, add lemon juice, lemon zest and fold in rinsed blueberries gently.
Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake 55 - 60 minutes until toothpick comes out clean
- Use softened butter for easy blending. Leave butter at room temperature for at least 15 minutes or place in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Cake is done when a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- To Bake ahead: Bake cake as directed. Wrap the cake tightly in plastic wrap then wrap loosely in heavy-duty foil. Freeze up to 1 month.
Calories: 291kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 229mg | Potassium: 112mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 228IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 81mg | Iron: 2mg