Slow Cooker Beef Chili Recipe Crock pot
A warm bowl of Slow Cooker Beef Chili with a nice piece of cornbread is the perfect comfort meal on a brisk day.
- 2.25 pounds ground chuck
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 to 4 cups beef broth depending on desired thickness
- 2 15 ounce cans light red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the ground beef, onion, and green pepper. Cook until the beef is completely browned. Transfer the meat mixture to a colander to drain well.
Transfer the beef to the slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
Serve with desired toppings: diced onion, shredded cheese, and/or sour cream.
Calories: 451kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 15g | Trans Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 121mg | Sodium: 456mg | Potassium: 597mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 899IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 4mg