Monterey Chicken Sandwich
This easy Monterey Chicken Sandwich is perfect for an easy dinner or lunch idea. It does not take long to make and it is a nice change-up to the usual chicken dinners.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- dash of salt
- dash of pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 slices red onion
- 2 slices Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 tablespoon green chilis
- 2 large lettuce leaves
- 4 slices bread
1. Sprinkle salt and pepper equally on chicken breasts.
2. Heat oil a large skillet or grill pan, cook chicken breasts over medium heat 5-7 minutes. Turn over the chicken, about 5 minutes more.
3. Add barbecue sauce to pan and coat chicken for 2 minutes.
4. Add a slice of cheese on top of each breast and cook for 1 minute or until chicken reaches 165°F.
5. Place chicken on a paper towel to drain and then build a sandwich.
6. On two slices of bread layer, lettuce, chicken breast with cheese, onion, and ½ of the green chilis
7. Place another bread slice on top.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 577kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 51g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 127mg | Sodium: 821mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 11g