Roasted Pumpkin Soup
This Roasted Pumpkin Soup is perfect for a fall dinner or lunch, Made with fresh pumpkin, cream along with a few spices.
- 4 cups peeled and diced pumpkin
- 1 Onion
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon Coriander powder
- ¼ teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 1 teaspoon - salt
- 1 teaspoon- Sugar
- 4 cups - water or vegetable stock
- ¼ cup - Cream or Coconut milk
1. In a large mixing bowl, add diced pumpkin and quartered onion
2. Add the olive oil, cumin, coriander, black pepper and salt into the bowl and toss until it is evenly mixed.
3. Place the pumpkin and onion pieces onto a baking tray and bake in a preheated oven at 350F for 25--30 minutes until the pumpkin starts to darken.
4. Take the tray out of the oven and let it cool slightly
5.. Place the roasted pumpkin and onion mixture into a food processor or blender jar with 1 cup water. Process it until it is smooth.
6. Pour blended mixture in a saucepan and add the remaining water or stock.
7. Let it simmer on low flame for about 10-15 minutes
8. Add in the cream or coconut milk and let it simmer for few more minutes.
9. Serve will still warm.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 174kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 480mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g