Sweet Tea Recipe
A delicious and refreshing copycat McDonald's Sweet Tea.
- 16 cups filtered water divided
- 3 family-sized tea bags
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- Pinch baking soda
1. Place 4 cups of water in a large saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil.
2. Remove the saucepan from heat and add the tea bags. Cover and allow the tea to steep for 5 to 6 minutes. (Steep longer for a stronger tea.)
3. Meanwhile, add an additional 12 cups of water and a pinch of baking soda to a gallon-sized pitcher.
4. Remove tea bags from saucepot, gently squeezing to remove the excess tea. Discard the tea bags.
5. To the saucepan, add the sugar and stir until completely blended.
6. Pour the tea into the gallon-sized pitcher with the water. Stir to combine.
7.Cover the pitcher and refrigerate. Best if refrigerated overnight.
Calories: 145kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Sodium: 24mg | Potassium: 1mg | Sugar: 37g | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1mg