Recipe for a seasoned chicken chili soup.
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 2 cups cooked chicken cut up in bite sized pieces
- 2 15.5 ounce cans Northern Beans rinsed and drained
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth or water with chicken boullion
- 1 4 oz can diced green chilis
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cheddar or monterey jack cheese
Heat oil in pot over low heat and add onion and garlic until onion is clear. Add chicken broth or boullion, chicken, beans, green chilis, pepper, cumin and chili flakes. Heat for about 20 minutes. Add sour cream and blend before serving. Serve with a sprinkle of cheese.