Happy New Year! Can you believe another year has gone by? I am not one to make resolutions at the beginning of a calendar year. I feel that I am a work in progress and am always striving to improve. I live with a set of goals that range from short term to long term. It is my blueprint for my life. Things don’t always go as planned, but it helps in making decisions on how and where to spend my time.
Here are a few of the unresolutions, or guidelines that I strive to live by each day.
- Start each day with gratitude
- Laugh more
- Learn new things and take some risks
- Simplify the unpleasant or time consuming chores
- Try not to waste energy on negative thoughts and keep the faith when things do go as planned
- Foster relationships with family, friends and new acquaintences
- Share what I learn with others
- Let there be music in your life
Do you make New Year’s resolutions? If so, what are yours?