This weekend will be busy for us. With several football games and tailgating on Saturday, I need to be organized and ready for all of the activities. We have season tickets for UCLA football, so we go to all of the home games which are held at the Rose Bowl. Luckily, we typically have great weather for the games here in Southern California.
At the Rose Bowl, there are hundreds of people tailgating and the set ups are different, some more elaborate with others.
It is a great way to enjoy the day and gather with friends before the game. While we usually join others that set up the tailgate area, I made a helpful checklist for anyone who would like to host a tailgating event. This post contains affiliate links, see disclosure information here.
- Folding tables and chairs
- BBQ or grill (check with stadium rules)
- BBQ supplies
- Extension cord
- Fire Extinguisher
- Tongs, Skewers, Spatula
- Ice Chest
- Trash bags
- Foil, baggies
- Can/bottle opener
- Cutting board
- Paper products
- Disposable wipes, spray cleaner
- Easy Appetizers
- Main dish
Don’t forget to bring some sports equipment or games to play too! You also might want to check these fun products for yourself or for your tailgating host. I would like to thank Boom Box Network for sponsoring this post. This posts contains affiliate links.
- Sports Umbrella – This portable umbrella sets up in seconds and protects your entire family from wind, rain, sand and in Southern California, the blazing sun.
- Tailgating Cooler – An ice chest, charcoal grill and all the utensils in one portable package. Shoulder strap or handles, you decide how to carry it.
- LED Lantern – Don’t you love the retro look, but with the safety and brightness of LED lighting?
- BackPack Cooler Chair – All in one – your chair, your cooler, and your hands are free!
- Football Blanket – Sitting on the bleachers is always better with one of these wool blankets over your legs.
- Grill Light – It always gets dark before you know it. Clip this almost anywhere and the flexible neck lets you point it where you need it.
- Weather Resistant Outdoor Speaker – Get the sound to everyone with this large speaker that can be placed horizontally or vertically and keep going for 6 hours.
- The Picnic Pack – Enough for snack time for the whole team and the coaches. 16 Burgers and 16 Franks, all gourmet.
- Football Claw – Now there’s the perfect place to keep that Game Ball – on the wall!
Then you are ready to enjoy the game!
Have you been to a tailgating party? For what team?