Simple Skillet Lasagna is a tasty recipe that can put together in about 30 minutes, with a little preparation. This is my own recipe and while it takes a few minutes to prepare, it just cooks nicely on the stove for a half and hour, allowing me to multitask while it is cooking. You can also cook the ground beef and onion ahead of time reduce the cooking time which is great for weeknights.
Another reason I love this recipe is it has fewer lasagna noodles and cheese then the traditional style, so less pasta and cheese means fewer calories, while still enjoying the great taste of lasagna.
First you cook your meat and onions,
and cook until nicely browned.
Then you add tomatoes, spices,
and lasagna noodles
and cover it and cook on the stove.
The final step is adding the cheese.
and before you know it – dinner is served!
Simple Skillet Lasagna
- 1/4 C chopped onions
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 1 28 oz. can whole tomatoes
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 6 lasagna noodles not fast cooking type
- 3/4 C mozzerella cheese
- 1/3 C low-fat skim ricotta cheese
- Over medium high heat mix together chopped onions and ground beef.
- Drain meat and add can of tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water, oregano, basil, salt, garlic salt, and black pepper and bring to a boil.
- Tear apart about five lasagna noodles in about 1/1/2" pieces and push the noodles underneath the sauce a bit. Cover and simmer for approximately 30 minutes.
- Add mozzarella cheese by sprinkling on noodles. And the ricotta in little teaspoon dollops.
- Heat through and serve.
Be sure and pin this for later.
Does your family like lasagna?