Tonight I wanted to make my son some cupcakes with Nutella. Since we were getting ready to watch the Olympic trials on TV, I didn’t want to make a complicated recipe. So I made some easy Nutella Swirl Cupcakes from white cupcakes out of a box with an added a spoonful of Nutella.
Then I swirled the batter a little bit.
After baking, I made some vanilla butter cream frosting, and put some Nutella in the bag as well.
Then I frosted them. They taste great with just plain buttercream frosting or, even unfrosted. You will get a taste of the hazelnut spread when you bit into them.
This is how they look frosted. Easy peasy and took only a few extra minutes to make.
These are ridiculously easy and so tasty!
Nutella Swirl Cupcakes
- 1 box packaged cake mix
- 2 eggs
- oil as called for by cake mix box
- butter cream icing
- Nutella spread
- Mix cake batter as directed on box.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon of Nutella in each cupcake mold
- Add prepared cake batter
- Bake as directed
- While cupcakes are baking, prepare frosting.
- In a pastry bag, spread Nutella on one side
- Add buttercream
- When cupcakes are baked and cooled, frost with frosting.
So you love Nutella too? Please not that this is not sponsored in any way by Nutella. I just love it!