These Pumpkin Pecan cookies are just what I needed this weekend. I was so excited we actually got a taste of fall weather! This pumpkin cookie recipe is perfect to celebrate the season!
This recipe is perfect for a fun fall dessert idea and they smell delicious when they are baking in the oven. Much like our Pumpkin Spice Cake, these cookies offer a nice taste of pumpkin spice.
It looks like we are headed back towards the 80’s for the week but it was still nice to have a little taste of autumn for a while.
I decided I needed some comforting, so whipped up these Pumpkin Pecan cookies. I figured I had to take advantage of the cooler weather and bake. Besides I just love the smell of pumpkin in the house this time of year.
I also needed this because my football team has not been doing well this season. Our last game was really close and a tough game to watch. We almost came back but couldn’t do it. Sigh. So these cookies helped ease the loss.
These cookies are light and soft and are perfectly comforting.
There is just something about baking cookies on a rainy day.
These cookies are so good with a hot cup of tea or hot apple cider. You can even add a little icing if you want. But either way, they are good.
This recipe is adapted from BHG.
These soft pumpkin cookies are also a great way to use up any canned pumpkin that you may have leftover from cooking and baking.
For more easy pumpkin recipes, check out:
- Pumpkin Mug Cake – so simple and a quick dessert for one or two people.
- Pumpkin Twists – Another quick dessert or brunch recipe.
- Pumpkin Pepper Soup – A savory pumpkin soup
- Pumpkin Mousse – A delicious fluffy and light pumpkin dessert idea!
Don’t forget to pin these!
Pumpkin & Pecan Cookies Recipe
Pumpkin Pecan Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a bowl, mix together butter, sugars, and egg.
- Add dry ingredients and spices to butter mixture until blended.
- Add pumpkin and pecans and blend.
- Drop by heaping teaspoons onto lined baking sheet and bake 12-14 minutes until lightly browned.
- Let cool.
We hope you loved this easy pumpkin cookie recipe! If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below,
I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
So for a day I enjoyed cookies and enjoyed my fall decor. How was your weekend?