When choosing a word of the year, I think of it as an area of particular focus to maintain while experiencing life, one that will improve my well-being, provide motivation and still help me achieve my goals.
Why Choose A Word of the Year
When choosing my word for 2016, I thought long about what kind of things I wanted to happen in the coming year. My word last year was simplify and I did incorporate that in many areas of my life, which was helpful during that busy year.
I started this blog with the intention of helping others make the most of their time. With the recent loss of my father and my niece last year, the importance of being present in the moment and savoring times with others is forefront in my mind.
So when considering my choices for the year. I decided to go with one that I feel that can not only enhance my life, but reduce stress, incorporate gratitude and improve my health.
Incorporating Balance in Life
The word I chose is Balance. How I plan to incorporate into my life is by:
- Balancing work and family life by adhering to time blocks and incorporating free time into my schedule.
- Filtering my life so that distractions are minimal so that I can focus on what matters.
- Establishing health goals and exercise goals along with financial and personal goals.
- Appreciating the present moment more often and celebrating the every day. These are the simple joys of living.
- Spending quality time with friends and family.
- Working smarter not harder, which incidentally, align with the priorities of Organized Island.
I added a reminder to my ever-changing schedule by writing it on my planner bookmark.
Do you have a word for this year? Are you looking to improve the balance in your life?