Last week I had a chance to visit the Orange County Fair. In Southern California, we have county fairs. We have a state fair in Sacramento, but we are a large state so many counties have their own fair. This is my county’s fair. There were some really cool unique areas and exhibits that were enjoyable, several of which I want to share with you:
- Cake Decorating Contest – Every year they have a cake decorating contest with
the theme of the fair. This awesome cake won several awards.
- World of Beers – This is where you can sample beers from all over the world. There is a nice outdoor pavilion where you can take a moment to enjoy a break. This section is next to the Shoppers Pavilion, so people who do not like to shop can wait for their friends/spouses here. Very clever!
- Farm and Garden – This garden sections showcases gardens and local produce. Competitions exist for home-grown vegetables and fruit. We have lots of local produce here, and I love to support local farmers by shopping at farmer’s markets. The items here are enough to make me swoon.
- Table Decorating Exhibit – This exhibit showcased dining tablescapes. I love looking at all the themes and the decor that is used to brighten up the dinner table.
- Centennial Farm – There are lots of cows and other animals here. The knowledgeable staff will help you identify a Holstein from a Black Angus to a dairy cow. Some of these animals come right up to you at times. There are also some cute baby chicks being hatched here!
- Amazing Entertainment – The OC Fair has some fantastic artists performing at several venues on the fairground. Recently, the Flaming Lips and Three Dog Night were performing. Some concerts require a separate ticket purchase, but they include entry to the fair.
- Crafters Village – There is a crafters’ village…no explanation needed. Lots of great items to see here.
There are also rides, carnival games, bands, dance groups and lots of great food
If you are in Southern California or are planning a visit this summer, check out the Orange
County Fair. The hours and schedules are available at their website here and runs through August 11, 2013. My personal favorite? The Culinary exhibits.
Did you go to any fairs or festivals this summer?
Disclosure: I received a complimentary ticket to the fair. All opinions are my own.