Happy September! I am amazed at how quickly this summer went by. Although summer is my favorite season, I also love fall. There is something about getting back into the school routine that feels well, productive. We just came back from a great weekend in Las Vegas. Even though it is still technically summer, the switch to school mode makes it seem like fall. I am sharing my fall favorites today because the season is nearly here. A few of the things I love about fall are:
- Cooking and baking with pumpkin and apples. Some of my fall favorite recipes include pumpkin muffins, apple cinnamon rolls, and pumpkin soup.
- Fall decor and any decorating projects with pumpkins.
- Cooler, crisp evenings
- Pumpkin Beers
- Casseroles, chili and stews for dinner.
- The changing colors of trees. This photo is from our trip to Oregon, our trees in Southern California do not look like this.
- College Football and tailgate parties - GO BRUINS!
- Sweaters and scarves - as long as they are soft, comfortable sweaters.
- Fantasy Football - this is only my second year being involved with one, but it is quite fun and makes football so much more interesting to watch.
- Jeans and boots and booties and more boots - yay!
- The Fall Fashion issues of magazines like Vogue, InStyle and Glamour. These are some seriously large magazines and I love going through them every fall for inspiration.
What are your fall favorites?
Oregon looks so beautiful!
I love soups. I just love them. And baked potatoes and pumpkin EVERYTHING and fall foliage.
Oh, and fall TV!!
Oh Tamara Oregon is gorgeous! We don't really get the full seasons here in SoCal. Yes fall TV is a great one! I'm so excited excited that DWTS is coming back!
Definitely with you on these things; especially baking with apples and wearing boots!
Glad to see I'm not alone Ann! I don't know why I love boots so much but I do!
Yep! Those are my favorite things about fall too! I just really don't like winter, and that's what follows! 🙁
I agree Sharon, although I love Thanksgiving and Christmas, I really do not love winter either. In fact, it is my least favorite season.
i love going apple and pumpkin picking then baking up a storm 🙂
Oooooh! Apple picking, I have not done that in years. I miss it!
Sounds like we like a lot of the same things! I can't wait to pick apples...it's so much fun. And football season is great...still, for me, I hate to see summer over. Oh well...thanks for sharing your thoughts on fall!
Thanks for stopping by Jodee. Yes, I hate to see summer over too! Hope you enjoy these last few days. 🙂