Meal planning is not only great for saving time, it also saves money! Today I am excited to share that I have joined a wonderful group of bloggers to offer you a week’s worth of menu planning ideas. Not only that, but we will be doing this every week on Sundays to help you save time and energy!!
There are many benefits of meal planning:
- You can build your menu based on store sales
- You do not have to stress over what to make for dinner because it is already planned out
- You save money by relying on take out food less
- You will eat healthier because you will not need packaged or frozen meals as often
- You will save yourself the stress of several trips to the market
- You know what you have on hand
We have personally saved quite a bit on our grocery bill by planning our meals. When my husband lost his job a while back, we made a lot of changes to get through the month. I would have to say that developing a meal plan and a budget were absolutely key. If you have a budget, outside of your home and insurance, groceries are probably your next biggest expense.
The good news is that it is a variable expense, meaning that you have control over how much you spend (unlike your rent or mortgage bill). These menu planning ideas can help you save money each week, that really adds up!
Menu Planning Ideas
Please meet your Weekly dinner menu hostesses:
What is on your menu plan this week?