Do you feel like you are not getting items done on your to do list? Have distractions or procrastinating prevented you from getting things done? Today I am sharing a few tips to get productive.
- Start Your To Do List - Make a list of what you want to do this week. I like to use paper because I love the feeling of crossing things off of it. But there are some great apps that will keep your lists electronically.
- Streamline Your List - I know you are thinking, you want to get it all done. I get that, but if your list is too long, the stuff on it will not get accomplished and you may feel overwhelmed. Do you really need to do every single thing you wrote down? If so, go to the next tip. If not, cross off the uncrucial tasks for another week.
- Prioritize what's left - Go over your list and prioritize it. Whether you give it an A, B or C code or stars or colors, denote what is more important. No fair postponing scheduling medical appointments. It is important to stay healthy.
- Schedule time to complete items. Put three or four items on your daily schedule for the week. Even if you think you will do more in a day, be sure to distribute your tasks evenly so that you get some down time scheduled each day.
- Down Time - Everyone needs some down time. Use this time to reflect on things you are grateful for, go visit some blogs or call or write a friend, or whatever you want to do. By giving yourself this downtime you are revitilizing and refreshing your mind and body.
- Start the first task - Getting started can be the most difficult part. Allow yourself to start a project that you have been procrastinating over for just 15 minutes. Once you start, you are on your way and trust me, it gets easier.
What is are some things on your list this week?