This Easy Green Chili Soup is for those that love green chili! This soup has chicken, tomatoes and green chili for a nice southwestern flavor!
You know we love easy soup recipes so much here and today’s is a special one that brings back a lot of memories.
When I was a kid, my Abuela made me the most amazing meals. She was a fabulous cook and always made everything from scratch. I would look forward to the days I could spend at her home because she had a home with a large garden and she would make delicious meals for me when I visited.
She made a wonderful soup with chicken and green chili, but neither my mom nor I ever got the recipe. Luckily, I have recreated my own version of it and it came out pretty good and is so easy to make. The green salsa in the recipe gives it a wonderful southwestern flavor.
This recipe is so simple to put together and blends the flavors of chicken, beans and mild green chili for a tummy-warming meal. We love to enjoy it with tortillas and butter.
You can use leftover cooked chicken or even a rotisserie chicken for this tasty lunch or dinner idea.
The ingredients all blend together nicely.
The green chili aroma makes the entire kitchen smell so good!
For more great southwestern soup recipes, check out:
- Easy Mexicorn Chowder – This colorful and creamy soup is made in minutes and is delightfully delicious and filling.
- Potato Chipotle Soup – A tasty potato soup revved up with a little Chipotle pepper. Wonderful for a chilly day or evening.
- Homemade Chicken and Rice Soup – a classic flavorful, homestyle soup that brings back memories of simpler times.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe!
Green Chili Soup
Really Simple Green Chili and Chicken Soup
- 2 14.5 cans chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked chicken diced
- 1 15 oz. can Tri bean blend pinto, kidney and black
- 1/2 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 can Salsa Verde
- 1 4 oz. can diced green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large pot over medium heat, add all ingredients and heat through.
- Serve and Enjoy!
- Simple and oh so tasty!
This comes together in just minutes and is perfect for any time of year.
I love to serve it with a quesadilla or a grilled cheese sandwich.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.
We hope you enjoyed this recipe idea. We strive to help you make the most of your time. If you would like to receive new recipes, home organization, and DIY tips, we’d love you to join the island insiders group and subscribe to our weekly newsletter.