Fun and practically free things to do this summer.
I love so many things about summer. It’s time for slowing down, savoring cool beverages and ice cream and enjoying the longer sunny days. Every year, I make a summer bucket list for the season. It is not meant to be a to do list, but just a list of things that could be fun to do when we have some time to relax and enjoy friends and family.
But just because we want to do a lot of things, it doesn’t mean I want to spend a lot of money. Summer vacation trips can take a toll on your budget so it is nice to incorporate some (still fun) free activities into the schedule.
Below is a list of what I consider fun and practically free things to do this summer.
Free Things to Do This Summer
- Go to the beach and unplug for a few hours.
- Visit a friend or relative you have not seen in a while, or send a handwritten card.
- Go Geocaching
- Plan a road trip to take later this year.
- Invite some friends over and learn how to play a new card game.
- Go to the park and plan a potluck picnic.
- Take a ball to that park and get some exercise.
- Make a list of new recipes to try this fall.
- Check out a local farmers market you have been meaning to visit.
- Find some summer reads at the library.
- Make a summer bucket list
- Find a free outdoor movie in your neighborhood.
- Look for cheap treasures at a flea market or second hand store.
- Make snow cones.
- Go for a bike ride.
- Watch a sunset or a sunrise, or both!
- Start a bullet journal.
- Create a system to organize all those papers.
- Play Frisbee Golf.
- Make homemade ice cream with these recipes.
- Repurpose things around the house to help you organize.
There is still several weeks of summer left, even though there are already fall decorations out. Savor the moments because before you know it, we will be back with all things pumpkin!
What else can you think of to add to this list?
Looking for more ways to save money this summer?