Disclosure: I recently had the opportunity to preview Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation. I am sharing my personal thoughts as part of a paid SocialMoms program. The opinions and ideas expressed here are always my own.
The opening scene is jaw dropping and will grab you immediately. A seemingly impossible predicament exists and Ethan (Tom Cruise), has the unfortunate task of determining how to best resolve it, fast! Sounds like things we moms do every day doesn't it?
Soon after the exciting opening scene, the familiar Mission: Impossible music starts, and immediately a surge of inspiration and energy begins to build. Mission: Impossible Rouge Nation takes you on an exhilarating ride from that point forward.
I loved the movie and want to share why I think you’d enjoy it too:
- Tom Cruise is truly at his best here as Ethan Hunt, a member of the IMF. With the IMF to be dissolved, Ethan cannot release himself from his pursuit of the leader of the evil syndicate. He and his “team” set off on an exhilarating and thrilling journey. The fact that Tom Cruise does most of his own stunts is mesmerizing and admirable. Seeing him on the screen, as he becomes a hostage, warrior and protector, reminds me of what a really great actor he is.
- The film scenes are set in several different countries. Most notably for me, is a scene that takes place in beautiful and classical, Vienna. Having just been to Vienna a few weeks ago, the thought of what transpires there in the plot, is incredibly thrilling. The cinematography is beautifully well done and is reminiscent of the classic movies I grew up with.
- Jeremy Renner, Simon Pegg and Alec Baldwin make for a great cast and Rebecca Ferguson as Ilsa, the disavowed kick-butt British agent that may or may not be trusted is refreshing and entertaining. She is certainly a match for Ethan and their exchanges are engaging and intriguing.
- This movie is a fun escape. Whatever to do list or predicament that is in your head will be quickly forgotten, as you follow and root for the characters in this movie. While it is adventure-filled and suspenseful, there are also many moments of comedic entertainment that put you a little at ease during the pursuit.
- Watching this movie is energizing and encouraging. There are many plot twists in it, so even if you think you know what is to happen next, the movie will surprise you. I truly enjoyed this movie! Everyone I spoke to at the screening thought the movie was great as well.
One thing that resonated with me after watching this is that we should never believe that anything is impossible no matter how big or formidable the task at hand seems. As long as we have faith in what we believe, we must do what we feel must be done, knowing it may not turn out exactly as we think it should.
You will likely hear a lot about this movie in the next few weeks. I encourage you to check it out and let me know what you think. It is rated PG-13 so keep that in mind. If you and your family seek adventure and escape, I think you will love this movie. The movie is in theatres and you can get tickets at Fandango.
Have you ever looked at something as impossible and insurmountable? But as moms we still do what we need to in order to get it done because it is #mompossible!
Personal Tip: Next time you have what seems to be an insurmountable task, start playing the theme song – it brings me energy and encouragement to choose to accept the mission.
Check out the trailer and let me know which part of Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation sounds the most exciting to you.
This post is part of a paid Social Moms program. I would like to thank SocialMoms for the opportunity to screen this movie.