This fun and quick DIY Upcycle Project is just what I needed to use some of the cute decorative paper I picked up last week.
Good morning, friends! I am moving a bit slowly this morning as it has already been a week and it is only Tuesday. This weekend, I had a chance to do a little DIY Crafting and spend a little time creating something that helps me stay organized.
I love to spend a few minutes just creating and enjoying my coffee. I had this kraft pen holder that I wasn’t too enthralled with so I decided to change it up a bit with some decorative paper.
This DIY Upcycle project is a great way to use up scrapbook paper or thick wrapping paper if you have some on hand. You can also use contact paper if the item you are covering is smooth.
I had a few designs of paper to use. Lately, I have been loving on the Rose Gold trend. I have a few accessories in this color scheme already, so I decided to use the pink and gold decorative paper. I found it in the scrapbook paper section of my favorite craft store.
The flower decor on the paper matched perfectly with some of the washi tape I already had on hand.
DIY Upcycle Project – Supplies list
- pencil holder with smooth edges
- decorative paper
- washi tape
DIY Upcycle Project Directions:
- Measure the size of box or container to be recovered.
- Cut decorative paper the appropriate size and glue. Be sure to overlap edges so that original finishing does not show.
- Cover top edge with washi tape.
Washi tape on the edge finishes it off.
Then it is ready for use. It matches perfectly with my other office supplies.
We hope you enjoyed this easy upcycle project. For more upcycle projects, check out:
- Repurposed Coffee Cans – Empty coffee cans get a new look with ease. Perfect for storing food items.
- DIY Jewelry Box – Elevate a dollar store box and style it to match your decor. Perfect for a gift too!
- Restyled Clipboard – take a plain clipboard and make it special with a bit of colorful contact paper. Makes a nice back to school teacher gift too!