This is a sponsored post from Disney Music and One2One Network. All opinions are my own and I truly loved this album!
I have to say that Disney has been a part of my family’s musical soundtrack for many years. I used to have a Small World Album that I listened to endlessly on my turntable as a child. Small World was one of my favorite rides at Disneyland and I loved the catchy and melodic songs of Disney. The album was a lovely compilation of children singing on it and Molly Ringwold was one of the singers on the album, long before she was in any movies. I had several of the musical albums ranging from The Jungle Book to The Aristocats. I knew all the songs by heart back then, and still do to this day.
Fast forward many years later and it was pure joy to share the music, movies and books of Disney characters with my two children. We bought the entire collection of the Disney “Sing-A-Long” compilations. We would listen to them at home and in the car. They were so uplifting, positive and just thinking about those moments now make me smile.
So when I heard recently that there was a new Disney Music Jazz album coming out, it excited me nostalgically and sentimentally. Apparently Walt Disney loved Jazz and he’d paid great attention to the writing of the music that accompanying his movies. Jazz Loves Disney was recorded between Paris, London and Los Angeles by a dream cast of talented musicians.
This new album is all about Jazz and I had the opportunity to listen to the entire album. With artists such as Gregory Porter, Melody Gardot, Stacey Kent, Jamie Cullum and other leading music stars, they perform big band jazz covers of songs from Disney movies. The album is available on Amazon and iTunes and is produced by Jay Newland and arranged and directed by Rob Mounsey.
I thoroughly enjoyed the smooth and sultry sounds of these versions. Soothing, melodic, and sophisticated, I found it a lovely way to listen to some old favorites. One of my favorites on the album is the sultry and passionate He’s A Tramp by Melody Gardot. It takes me back to Lady and The Tramp, a childhood favorite. I also loved the remix of You’ve Got A Friend in Me by Hugh Coltman. Who can forget the wonderful friendship of Andy and Woody in all of the Toy Story Movies?
I found myself really enjoying the tunes and singing along. Another favorite of mine is Stacey Kent’s Bibbidi Bobbodo Boo, which makes me feel like I am sitting in a cafe in Paris!
Check out the Jazz Loves Disney Album – Song List
- Jamie Cullum – “Everybody Wants To Be A Cat” – from The Aristocats
- Melody Gardot – “He’s A Tramp” – from Lady And The Tramp
- Stacey Kent – “Bibbidi Bobbodo Boo” (French version) – from Cinderella
- Gregory Porter – “When You Wish Upon A Star” – from Pinocchio
- China Moses – “Why Don’t You Do Right” – from Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
- Raphaël Gualazzi – “I Wanna Be Like You” – from The Jungle Book
- The Rob Mounsey Orchestra – “A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes” – from Cinderella
- Hugh Coltman – “You’ve Got A Friend In Me” – from Toy Story
- Anne Sila – “Let It Go” – from Frozen
- Melody Gardot & Raphaël Gualazzi – “The Bare Necessities” – from The Jungle Book
- Laika – “Once Upon A Dream” – from Sleeping Beauty
- Nikki Yanofsky -“Someday My Prince Will Come” – from Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs
- The Hot Sardines – I Wanna Be Like You (French & English version) – from The Jungle Book (US release only)
I really enjoyed this compilation. This album is perfect for a holiday or dinner party, relaxing at home or working. Subtle, jazzy and blusey, it provides a delightfully different take on old favorites.
What is your favorite Disney song?