These raspberry scones not only make a wonderful breakfast or brunch treat! I added some blueberries and they become patriotic too! A fun snack or dessert and so good with cream or ice cream!
I am happy to report that berries are abundant right now in the grocery store. The other day I needed something to go with our coffee in the morning that was not overly sweet, so I made scones.
Why this Recipe?
This scones recipe was adapted from the Joy of Cooking cookbook. I used to make scones a lot when my daughter was younger and we would have tea parties with friends. It has been a long time since we have done that and I think we are going to have to schedule a spring tea soon.
My girlfriends and I like to schedule a quarterly tea time to enjoy catching up with each other. Have you been to tea lately? These scones are great for breakfasts and brunches too. They would be fun to make for Mother’s Day too.
These are also really nice for breakfast or a mid-morning snack.
These Blueberry Raspberry Scones are a nice treat that you will want to make again and again.
The scones are deliciously flakey and fruity.
They are great on their own, with cream or with coffee. Scones also go wonderfully with tea too.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe
Blueberry Raspberry Scones
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup blueberries and raspberries (sliced) mixed together
- sugar for topping
1. Preheat oven to 425° .
2. In a bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and butter thoroughly.
3. Add the egg and milk until blended. Add the fruit, just until moistened.
4. Knead the dough against the bowl until the dough starts sticking together.
5. Move the dough to a floured surface and form into about an 8" round circle.
6. Cut the dough into wedges.
7. Place each wedge on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper 2" apart.
8.Brush each piece with milk and sprinkle with a little bit of sugar.
9. Bake 14-16 minutes until golden brown.
- Pumpkin Scones – One of our favorite recipes made with pumpkin and spice.
- Banana chocolate chip scones – A nice combination of chocolate and banana in a perfect breakfast bread.
- Simple Scone Recipes – Check out this compilation of scones recipes – perfect for tea parties.
- Cinnamon Sugar Scones – A delicious scone recipe that is perfect year-round
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.
Do you like scones? What is your favorite scone flavor?