So another month has just ended, and now we are 3/4 of the way through the year. I was completing my list of accomplishments (see related post here), to see how I am doing on my personal goals and it got me thinking, before you know it, we will be looking at a new year and saying, “2013 – This year I want to (fill in the blank, save more money, lose more weight, exercise more, reach out to friends more, etc.)”. Now, I am not one to make New Years’ Resolutions because I believe that I am a work in progress and that I should always strive to improve. However, that being said, I realized that I still have time to accomplish a few things by year’s end. My biggest goal, is to exercise more regularly.
The hardest thing for me has been to make time to go to the gym. I often find excuses that I am too tired, too busy, etc… Notice these are not major obstacles, they have to do with my attitude and my choice to make it a priority. So in order to get myself in gear I am doing a few things to meet my goal:
- scheduling gym visits in my day planner
- adding a recurring reminder at the end of each week to my phone calendar (just in case I erase my day planner)
- going to change my mind set at the end of my work day as I prepare to go to the gym (I will think about how good I will feel after instead of focusing on how tired I am after a full work day)
- imagine how good I will feel if my jeans are a little loose by New Years
- I am going to share on my blog whether I reach my goal or not (gulp, this one is tough, but it makes me accountable)
Do you have any goals you want to accomplish by the year’s end? If so, what is your biggest obstacle?