With summer break coming to an end, there are a few things I want to do before summer ends. Here they are:
- Have dinner outdoors – I want to enjoy the warm summer evenings and enjoy being able to be outside in the evening without a sweater. This may include grabbing some food and going to the beach to watch the sunset, or just having our dinner in the backyard.
- Recap summer’s memories with photos – I love to wrap up a season by highlighting the family’s memories in a slide show. Time goes by so quickly and it is a great time to reflect and talk about trips we made, people we saw and places we have been. When I was a child, we used to watch reel to reel movies of our vacations. (Think DVD, but with a projection onto a wall). I also have some time to take a few more photos to capture the summer’s end.
- Enjoy summer fruits – I just love summer fruits, especially peaches, plums and strawberries. I want to make a few more dishes with fresh fruit before we move into fall.
- Connect – I want to Skype with our cousins before they are back into their school and fall sport schedules.
- Purge for Next Season – Now is the time to purge clothing that does not fit or that the kids have outgrown to make room for fall clothes. I donate the items to the church and thrift store as now is the time that other people can use them.
- Shop – Before fall starts, I would like to hit the summer clearance and back to school sales. There are some great deals on swimsuits and school supplies. I talked about how I shop school supplies for so many uses besides school here.
- Summer To Do List – After one last look at my summer to do list, I still have a couple of books to read and a coat closet to reorganize.
Luckily, I still have a few weeks left to do these things. What do you want to do before summer is over?