Do you shop at outlet malls? I am a fan and I enjoy some outlet malls more than others. The key for me is not the number of stores, but the brand and types of stores that are there. I shop the outlets frequently because they often have some really good deals. In order to get the most out of your shopping trip, I am suggesting a few tips to maximize your experience.
1. Download a map and directory to the mall that you are planning on visiting. Note the hours of operation. Some outlet malls open up earlier than traditional malls and you can shop when it is less crowded.
2. Wear comfortable shoes that you can walk miles in, trust me you will be glad at the end of your trip. Sa). the heels for later,( or find some new ones at the outlet mall).
3. Make a list of what you are looking for and have a budget so that you do not overspend. Check the directory listing to see if the type of stores you want to visit our listed. Outlet stores vary from mall to mall.
4. Follow the center on Facebook or Twitter or email as many centers offer discounts via this route. If you do not have these accounts, stop by the visitor center and ask if there are any coupons or special offers. I have yet to go to an outlet mall that did not have coupons or special offers and I have been to quite a few.
5. Bring bottled water or snacks in case the shopping trip in case you get hungry or if the visit goes longer than planned.
6. Check the return policy at the stores you shop in so that you are fully aware of the policy. Ask if they have a rewards program. Many do and this is another added bonus.
7. Try to avoid busy times (late weekend afternoons). You will be able to shop more comfortably and get more assistance from employees when you are not competing with lots of other shoppers.
The Outlet Mall that is closet to me is The Outlets at Orange. They have a wonderful selection of stores and more are coming in a few months. They also have some wonderful restaurants there. There is even a brewery. This week they had an event that I attended for bloggers. Here are some pictures of the event below:
The event was nice, but the shops are better. They have a wonderful selection of clothing, housewares, accessories, electronics and beauty in over 120 stores. If you are in the area, check them out on their website, they are worth a visit while you are in the OC. They are close to Disneyland and Knotts Berry Farm.
To check out their website, click the icon below. They have a great deal page on their site as well.
Do you shop at outlet malls? If so, please share with me which ones you like, so I can add them to my list.
P.S. I was not compensated for this post. I did receive a tote bag and some snacks. All opinions are my own.