I had a chance to check out some of the new menu-items at a Romano’s Macaroni Grill®. Macaroni grill is a national restaurant chain with award winning Italian food, is now offering their guests a new chef-driven menu with some new entrees just in time for spring.
I love their handcrafted pastas, entrees and desserts. On a recent visit there, I decided to start with one of their new appetizers, the Citrus Chicken Arancini. Arancini are stuffed rice balls wrapped in bread crumbs and then deep fried. These were served with a lemon aioli, which was a nice start.
Next I decided to try the chef’s Italian Meatloaf. made with House blended veal, beef, pork, roasted peppers and onions. It was served withe a chianti-balsamic demi-glace, which was delicious and garlic mashed potatoes and vegetables.
For dessert I opted for the Chocolate Caprese. It was a tough decision with the cannoli as a contender, but I was happy with my decision. The Caprese came with rich chocolate slices, fresh strawberries, raspberries, mascarpone cream, and biscotti. This dessert was really good and I hope they add it to their menu permanently.
A new entrée, antipasti and two decadent desserts are among the new items featured, as well as seasonal classics like Osso Bucco with Italian brown onion gravy, roasted butternut squash mashed potatoes and crispy sage,Grilled Mahi-Mahi with bruschetta tomatoes, pesto gnocchi and basil, and Braised Lamb Shank with Marsala demi-glace, butternut squash mashed potatoes and crispy sage.
Here is a recap of their new menu items that are available for a limited time:
- Citrus Chicken Arancini: Crispy-fried balls of rice, filled with creamy citrus chicken, served with roasted garlic + lemon aioli
- Sausage + Cannellini Bean Dip: Warm, savory dip of cannellini beans + Italian sausage, bruschetta tomatoes, served with house-made rosemary crackers
- Smoked Bruschetta: warm whipped ricotta, rosemary oil, smoked buffalo mozzarella, sautéed spinach, roasted wild mushrooms + roasted tomatoes, atop thick slices of rustic bread
- Italian Meatloaf: House blended veal, beef, pork, roasted peppers + onions meatloaf, chianti-balsamic demi-glace, garlic mashed potatoes, roasted seasonal vegetables
- Romano’s Cannoli: Crispy pastry shells, rich ricotta filling with cinnamon + chocolate chips
- Chocolate Caprese: Decadent chocolate slices, paired with fresh strawberries + raspberries, sweet mascarpone cream, biscotti
The new menu is available for a limited time at all Macaroni Grill locations nationwide. Check out the Macaroni Grill website for more information.